If you're looking to run the London Marathon in 2014 but have received a rejection magazine, here's your chance to grab one of the club places available.
To be in with a chance of getting a place, please send the covering rejection slip (please write your name on it) to:
Post: 8 Rovings Drive, Spondon, Derby, DE21 7TR
These must reach us no later than 31st October, with the draw taking place on 1st November.
Rules for entry are detailed below:
1. The decision on who receives the place(s) will be by random draw organised by the Club Secretary and subject to the criteria as described below.
2. A draw entrant MUST have been a club member since July 1st in the year preceding the race for which the draw is being held (i.e. for 2014 entries, membership must date back to July 2013).
3. Draw entrants must also supply to the Secretary, the original rejection form from the London Marathon BEFORE the draw takes place.
4. Failure to adhere to one or both conditions in 2. and 3. above, will render the entrant ineligible for the draw.
5. In order to maintain a degree of fairness, a member who wins that place in the Marathon in any one year, shall become ineligible for the draw for the following years event. (Peter O'Grady, Peter Stubbs and Rob Hundley are therefore ineligible for a place this year)
6. Should a member, through illness and/or injury, be unable to take up his place as a draw winner, then he/she can defer their entry to the following year as permitted by London Marathon rules and regulations.
7. If the draw winner decides they no longer wish to take up the club place, they can transfer that place to another eligible club member (declared as Reserve at the time of draw). This option is restricted by date limitations as declared by the London Marathon.
8. This guaranteed place remains continuously under the rules and regulations of the London Marathon and at no time is transferable (except in 7. above).
9. Any member winning a club place under the above system will be required to wear a UKnetrunner club vest.
10. Draw winners are required to pay the entry fee for any place allocated under the club ballot